May is Veterinary Nurse Awareness Month
You are invited to join us to celebrate RVN awareness month at our Leavesden branch. There will be a coffee morning on 28th May 11:15 to 13:00.
Our nurses are an integral part of Park Vets. Clients are not often aware of the importance of our nurses. Here are a few examples of their vital roles:
- Monitoring all animals closely under general anaesthetic
- Sterilising and organising all surgical instruments ready for every surgical procedure.
- Monitoring all patients closely after any general anaesthetic and ensuring that they are kept warm and comfortable
- Placing intravenous catheters prior to anaesthesia
- Lancing cat abscesses
- Positioning patients for x-rays
- Monitoring blood pressure and pulse
- Administering worming tablets and other oral medication
- Clipping fur prior to blood collection
- Blood collection
- General tlc and wonderful care of all our inpatients!
For more information on a career in veterinary nursing, take a look at: www.bvna.org.uk/a-career-in-veterinary-nursing
MAY IS THE MONTH TO THANK AND CELEBRATE ALL OUR WONDERFUL NURSES!